This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power management

I've been working with Linux for about 8 years now, but always with gnome. I'm now trying my hand at KDE and I've installed KUBUNTU 7.10 on my laptop.

Previously I had Ubuntu 7.4 (gnome) and was particularly impressed with the suspend behaviour asosiated to closing the lid of my laptop, but I can't seem to find any info about getting this to work under KDE (The only thing related to Power management I've found is setting the time for the screen to go blank).

Can anyone tel me where to look to get this working?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Power management

If you aren't seeing anything in kmenu-system settings then try
    kcontrol
    from a terminal window or the kmenu- run dialogue. There should be power control/laptop battery in there somewhere.

Unfortunately I suspect you have a problem and they aren't showing up.

Firstly have a look around your bios settings for power management/acpi next time you boot.

In adept search on acpi and make sure that acpi, acpid and acpi-support are installed.
    Also search on guidance and make sure kde-guidance and kde-guidance-powermanagement are installed.

I suspect they are. If so then I hope someone else has a solution for you. Your other alternative would be to look into the older apmd advanced power management tools.

Post back if everything seems in order and acpi simply doesn't seem to be functioning correctly. I'll try to do some further research on it if that is the case.

Comment

Working...
    X