This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Links in email.

Gooday all, I have now downloaded T/Bird from the link provided in post 7. I have done the purge thingy and the down load is now sitting in the download box in Tools in Firefox. I know this might sound a bit doughy, but where too from here? Thanks in advance. James.

Comment

See under Usage Instructions, Installation:

http://ubuntuzilla.wiki.sourceforge.net/#tochome5

Quote: "Here are the steps to use this script to install the Mozilla build of Firefox, Thunderbird, or SeaMonkey:"

It's just a one-liner.

Now, watch carefully when you do it. If there are some missing packages, simply write them down and go to Adept Manager and get them--there may be just one or two. It takes just a few seconds to get them. In K > System > Adept, put the name of the missing package in the search window, it will come up, Request Install, Apply.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Since it's a .deb package, you may even be able to just run the command
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install -f
        to fix any missing dependencies.
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Gooday all, I fixed it with all your patient and informed help. Thanks again, James.

Comment

Originally posted by wavemaker
            Gooday all, I fixed it with all your patient and informed help. Thanks again, James.
            Very glad to hear it!
            Asus G1S-X3:
            Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
            X