X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music-CD sound drop-outs

Hi!
    I installed Kubuntu 7.1 on my old Ibm desktop. Everything seems to work very well except from my cd-player. When playing a regular music-cd, the sound comes and goes all the time.
    When playing a song directly from my hard-drive, no such problems. There is no difference between Amarok and Kaffeine.

My PC is a low end system with a P3 500 Mhz and 256Mb ram. Help would be much appreciated!!

Re: Music-CD sound drop-outs

I know this is probably incredibly unhelpful and not a solution but why not just rip the cd to the harddrive?

More seriously though, is it like a skip or a just like the song keeps playing and the sound drops out?

Comment

Originally posted by marshallbanana
      I know this is probably incredibly unhelpful and not a solution but why not just rip the cd to the harddrive?

More seriously though, is it like a skip or a just like the song keeps playing and the sound drops out?
      Sound comes and goes in pretty regular way, with about 20 seconds sound and 10 seconds silence..
      Could it be a buffer value of some kind that my low spec. system doesn't accept?

Comment

Originally posted by OldArcher
        Could it be a buffer value of some kind that my low spec. system doesn't accept?
        No idea, but if you want to test it out you can try changing the buffer size in kmenu>system settings>sound system

Comment

Originally posted by marshallbanana
          Originally posted by OldArcher
          No idea, but if you want to test it out you can try changing the buffer size in kmenu>system settings>sound system
          Tried that one but it didn't make any difference..

Comment

I gave up running Kubuntu because of the irritationg sound problems.
            Switched to Ubuntu 7.10. No sound drop-outs now!

Comment

Working...
            X