This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox font questions

I notice that the available fonts on FF do not include all system fonts. Questions:
    1. If I change the system fonts Kubuntu is using, how can I be sure FF is using them.?
    2. How do I get FF to show all available system fonts?

Re: firefox font questions

Install the gtk-qt-engine package; open System Settings and navigate to Appearance -> GTK Styles and Fonts -> GTK Fonts -> Use my KDE fonts in GTK applications or Appearance -> GTK Styles and Fonts -> GTK Fonts -> Use another font: -> Change... and set your desired font and font size. That should do it
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

I had the fonts configured passably with bold type but tried your suggestion and now fonts are horrible. Any way to return to previous settings?

Comment

What font style would you like to use?
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

I would like to be able to try all the fonts available, see what they look like when applied, and choose the ones I like. I had gone to system fonts and chosen the ones I like, and they seemed to be applied in FF but I was not totally sure of that. I noticed that FF fonts didn't include many system fonts, hence my original question. With your suggested changes FF apparently is not using the system fonts any more. I would at least like to be able to get back to where I was before changes. Could you help with that. I have no idea how system fonts interact with FF fonts.

Comment

Try checking the Use my KDE fonts in GTK applications option in the GTK Styles and Fonts section of System Settings; then, restart Firefox. If that doesn't fix it, try thumbing through the optional fonts in the Use another font: section and see if your system font is listed there, and select it. If your system font isn't listed, see if another font you like is, and, choose that font. You'll probably have to restart Firefox after each change to see what kind of difference it makes.
            Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Working...
            X