This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Programs

is there a email program out there that supports hotmail, and or yahoo?

Re: Email Programs

It is apparently possible to get them to work with both kmail and thunderbird (google about a bit).

However hotmail will only let you pop your mail if you pay them for it. So yes its possible but you will have to hand over some cash. Apparently it is possible to get around this using pop3hot.com but posts here and there describe it as risky. Likewise yahoo is only if you sign up for yahoo mail plus.

Gmail on the other hand will let you pop it for free.

Comment

what would make it risky? would you crash the mail client or are you saying it was getting free email downloaded to the mail client without paying hotmail?

i was getting hotmail downloaded to my windows outlook until just a few days ago and it was stopped. i guess they cut me off.

the main thing for me is i just don't want to use web based mail i want downloaded and there even when im not online.

Comment

From what I could tell from just scanning a few posts about it the risk was something like that by popping your account via them you were sending them your login and password (not sure but think they only see the encoded forms but still, this means you must trust them). The other issue was how they were providing this $20/yr service for free?

In all honesty, if its workable then a switch to gmail is your easiest option as they will let you pop it for free.

Comment

thanks i was just hoping linux had firugred out a way around that problem.

Comment

Working...
          X