This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: installing proggrams

When installing programs with adept it will almost always put the application in the suitable menu of kmenu (in this case I'm guessing either 'internet', 'system' or 'utilities')

And yes, all those applications/libraries/etc that are listed in adept package manager can be installed in this way (almost every app you are ever likely to use is in there, for instance I use only one thing that is not listed there). Not only that but it will automatically update all the apps you install this way too.

Comment

ok cool but where the hell did it go i installed it it says its installed but its not anywhere in search or the menus or even in run command ?? should i try installing it again ?/

Comment

Okay, firstly according to this part of the verlihub site you will need to also install the following dependencies (there are 2 others listed but they are already installed):
        libgeoip-dev
        libpcre3-dev
        mysql-client-5.0
        mysql-server-5.0
        libmysqlclient15-dev
        (all of them are available in adept, just a side note, adept asked my to insert the gutsy cd while doing this for some reason. Yes thats right, I am now installing verlihub along with you so that I can figure out whats up)

Comment

haha thx man ive done that for others so maybe im getting good karma back now. Im installing the other stuff this is really cool man i love this im such a geek !

Comment

oh, and maybe also the package
            lua5.1
            apparently its optional but useful

the following plugins are also supposed to be useful, but they have to be compiled from source
            Floodprot, Lua (which we just did above), Chatooms, Forbid and Messanger
            For info on how to do this see the links in the posts early in this thread.

Okay, thats it for installing I get the impression. Now you just have to set it all up. Use the following guide, we are down to the line starting 'So now you have verlihub installed with all the above plugins, its time to setup a user to run the hub.' with the obvious exception of not having installed those plugins except lua.
            http://www.verlihubforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7

Good luck.

Comment

ok i wanna learn how to code with lua (someday)

Comment

i got liblua-sockett-dev & liblua-socket-dev2 nm got it lua5.1

Comment

ok i installed all of those dependancies and reinstalled verlihub and still cant find it is it on your system anywhere ??

Comment

I don't pretend to know anything about this package per se, but is this relevant/useful here:

To find where APT put the package:
                    find / -name package -print
                    (or use Find in Konqueror)
                    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

my os crashed my graphics are all screwed up i cant install this drive and there are a whole whack of users who cant install drives and i still cant find the prog i installed yesterday so im gonna try a different os maybe ubuntu is less buggy or debian proper or knoppix thx for all the help tho

Comment

Sorry guys I didn't check to see if verlihub was part of the gutsy repositories. I just checked it through adept, running on feisty.

Comment

Check out a most excellent website
                          http://kubuntuguide.org/Feisty

Hang in there!
                          Friend's do not let friends run Vista!
                          Billy in Sugar Land Texas USA <br />Dell Optiplex GX260/2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM / Dual 160GB HDD&#39;s, Nvidia GeForce FX5500 <br />Obsidian Black Dell Inspiron Mini 9 - 2GB RAM - 16GB SSD - Kubuntu 9.04

Comment

Yep, verlihub, ver. 0.9.8 ~rc1-1 is in my Gutsy 64-bit repository. I just read the description -- I still don't understand what it is. Guess I'd better not install it!

Comment

ok im still here sort of but where the hell is the prog i installed its a hub for the dc++ file sharing network and linux with verlihub is a very safe and secure way to run the hub which i own there are way to many security issues with windows xp and vista you could install it it wouldnt hurt anything but i cant find the dam thing where did it go and have any of you ever tried to install a removable hdd in kubuntu its a nightmare someone answer me pls im going crazy

Comment

Chances are good that its in your path and you only have to type verlihub in the console or kmenu -> run -> verlihub

Comment

Working...
                                X