This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ripping mp4 with K9Copy

I've searched for hours about my problem, and can't seem to find an answer. This makes me think that I am missing something simple in the process, so bear with a stupid question:

I am trying to make mp4s with K9Copy. Should be simple enough, just insert DVD, make sure settings are correct, and punch the MP4 button. Voila!

Problem is, all I get is an avi file that won't burn to a video CD.

I would like these files to work on my iPod.

The other problem is that these avi files are HUGE! I have maximum size set to 700MB, but the avi files I get are 1.7GB or so.

When I punch the MP4 button, a box comes up that asks me to name the file and where to save it, but the only thing I can call it must end in .avi.

Anyone know how this is supposed to work?

Thanks a million.
    Free = Good

Re: ripping mp4 with K9Copy

I'm with you. Well, first of all you need to change the save settings to mp4 and not avi. I'm in the same boat as you. It will go through the whole ripping process but I get no output at the end. I have a palm pre and would like a few movies on the phone.

I am looking for guidance. I've gone as far as installing xp via virtualbox, mounting the dvd iso and running win software to do the ripping, but damn there must be an open source equivalent.

Comment

winff dose this I think........... I dont nead mp4 but it is an option

O ya I did make some for the nephue for his PSP.

you may nead medeabuntu repos though.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I use acidrip from the repos to rip dvds to watch on my Palm T|X

Comment

Palm T|X is a great PDA. Now, Palm made a departure with the Pre. It only supports H264, H364, and mp4. Does acidrip do anything other than divx?

Comment

Using codec lavc I am using vcodec=mpeg4

Comment

I have used vobcopy and a script named 'mp4ize' to complete this. I haven't done it in about a year and I think some of the repositories have changed. It's not a gui based method and it does require two steps, but it worked rather quickly.

Mike
              http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X