This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can not install any linux distribution

i just can't install any distribution of linux i get the same error every time i try to boot any live cd:

Int 14: CR2 c1000000 err 00000002 EIP c03f3c3e CS 00000060 flags 00010006
    Stack: 373c0046 00000000 ffffffff c049000 00001600 00000080 0060000000 ffffff80

i've done a little bit of research and aparently i have to do something like this:

Append the pre-existing parameters by adding “noapic nolapic pci=noacpi acpi=off” at the end of the line (without " ")
    but once again linux is not installed and i know nothing of grub or such

please help me out i'm pretty desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: i can not install any linux distribution

What computer do you have? What is the make and model? How much RAM have you got?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

hp 2.7, 1.5Gram,
      bios award/phoenix

Comment

Disconnect your hdd internally and then try, maybe you have a corrupted hdd.

Check the parameters you can append to the booting process with help of commands or something where it ask's you to input it.

Hope this helps, enjoy the learning curve

Comment

Originally posted by d347hm4n
          Disconnect your hdd internally and then try, maybe you have a corrupted hdd.
          One step at a time! This is rather extreme and won't solve the issue. I would bet my student loan (if I had any of it left) that it's nothing to do with your hard drive.

Append the pre-existing parameters by adding “noapic nolapic pci=noacpi acpi=off” at the end of the line (without " ")
          When you start your computer with the Kubuntu CD in the drive, you get a menu of "Start or install Kubuntu... check CD for defects" and so on. At the bottom there's a line of things you can do with the function keys (eg F4 changes the resolution of the splash screen)... the rightmost of these should be something like "Other Options" or something similar. Pressing that key will give you a popup in which you can enter your boot options.

Comment

Working...
          X