This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configure shortcut to run apps as root

Is there a way to change the shortcuts in the KDE menu to run apps as root? For example there is a root terminal session in the terminal menu. I would like to do this for programs like Kate or the process monitor. I can do it now from the run menu but I would like to save some typing if possible.

Re: Configure shortcut to run apps as root

Funny you should ask! I did this very thing a few days ago. It's very simple.

Right-click the K Menu icon and select Menu Editor
    Find the application that you want to be able to run as root and click on it. You can, if you want, set it to be run as root without doing anything more than checking the Run as a different user and typing root in the Username box.

But, if you want to actually create a new item for this, it's as easy as clicking the New Item icon below the menu bar (next to the diskette icon). From there you just have to fill in the information (which you can get by clicking on the regular item entry) and again, checking the Run as a different user and typing root in the Username box. I give the new item different name (Super Kate) so I can tell the difference. You can, as I did, click New Submenu and put your new items in it.

Make sure that you save what you've done (click the diskette icon) before your exit.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X