X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display area ERROR

Hello,

When trying to go into my display setting on Kubuntu Dapper, I am getting the following error:

The module display could not be loaded.

Then it gives me a diagnosis. I've attached a screenshot of the exact error.

Any help or ways around this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Display area ERROR

Open Adept Manager and check that the following two packages are fully installed:

kde-guidance
    kde-systemsettings

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Shows those are both installed.

Comment

Hmm. Check on kcontrol as well.

Comment

That is also installed.

Comment

Brute force 'review' time:

This is the list of Depends, packages that Adept Manager requires. Open Adept Manager and verify that each one is installed and has the same version number.

Depends
            adept-common, kdelibs4c2a (>= 4:3.5.5-1), libacl1 (>= 2.2.11-1), libapt-pkg-libc6.4-6-3.53, libart-2.0-2 (>= 2.3.16), libattr1 (>= 2.4.4-1), libaudio2, libc6 (>= 2.5-0ubuntu1), libfontconfig1 (>= 2.4.0), libfreetype6 (>= 2.2), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.2), libice6 (>= 1:1.0.0), libidn11 (>= 0.5.18), libjpeg62, libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.13-4), libqt3-mt (>= 3:3.3.8really3.3.7), libsm6, libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.2), libtdb1, libx11-6, libxcursor1 (>> 1.1.2), libxext6, libxft2 (>> 2.1.1), libxi6, libxinerama1, libxrandr2 (>= 2:1.2.0), libxrender1, libxt6, zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.1)

Comment

There were a few that were the wrong version number so I selected reinstall on all of these just to be sure. I got an error saying it couldnt reinstall and it just stopped on me. Libc6 had been the wrong version, as well as a few others. Going to bed for now, linux is givin me a headache :O

Comment

I don't have an answer but I am interested in this question. I, too, have a similar problem. I haven't found a solution for it yet. It seemed to crop up after installing the nvidia 100.14.11 driver.
                It seems to be a fairly common problem, though it doesn't seem to be tied to exactly the same issue for everyone.
                I get a crash of display-restore when the desktop loads(though it doesn't really hurt anything) and display config throws up errors. Both seem to revolve around an attempt to gather gamma information.

I tried reinstalling kde-guidance and it was no help.

I'm curious as to whether you have an nvidia graphics chip and whether you ever installed the drivers from nvidia's site.
                Also could you open a console window and paste the output of:

Code:
                kcmshell displayconfig

Comment

Working...
                X