This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

root login

im aware that root login is not necessary usually, but i may have an exception.

i have a dell digital jukebox player, which is a revamped creative labs nomad player. i downloaded the package gnomad2 and neutrino, and i believe gnomad2 is the choice that is better.

gnomad2 says

Could not open jukebox:
    usb_set_configuration: Operation not permitted

so i looked at the code and it has several root only privileges designated. i tried changing them to my user name, but its still not working. ive come across several other instances of this on google, and the almost unanimous verdict is that it will work if the user is logged in as root. i tried a non root code fix, but this did not work.

can you even log in as root on kubuntu?
    apt-get moo for more cowbell<br /><br />Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16 GHz<br />4 GB DDR2 RAM OCZ<br />EVGA Geforce 8800 GT<br />ASUS P5Q Deluxe Motherboard<br />Antec 900 Case<br />Creative Fatal1ty

Re: root login

I would advise creating a button called
    Code:
    kdesu gnomad2
    , but if you really feel you have a special case, the instructions for enabling root are on this page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RootSudo
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

thats what i was looking for.
      apt-get moo for more cowbell<br /><br />Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16 GHz<br />4 GB DDR2 RAM OCZ<br />EVGA Geforce 8800 GT<br />ASUS P5Q Deluxe Motherboard<br />Antec 900 Case<br />Creative Fatal1ty

Comment

I guess its much easy to use "sudo" command.

$ sudo <command>
        is the same as
        # <command>

Comment

Working...
        X