This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Slow? Quick in Windows!

I'm bemused as to why the internet pages are taking so much longer under kubuntu, using Konqueror or Firefox, than they do under Windows?

Are there any settings I can use to tweak Kubuntu and thus speed up my browsers?

I installed the fasterfox plugin and it seems to have helped a little. But it's still not up to the speed I'm used to under Windows!

Re: Internet Slow? Quick in Windows!

Originally posted by craigilman
    I'm bemused as to why the internet pages are taking so much longer under kubuntu, using Konqueror or Firefox, than they do under Windows?

Are there any settings I can use to tweak Kubuntu and thus speed up my browsers?

I installed the fasterfox plugin and it seems to have helped a little. But it's still not up to the speed I'm used to under Windows!
    Weird.
    Mine, under Ubuntu(with KDE, Konqueror, Firefox) is much faster compared to Windows.

Btw, how do you connect to the internet? Direct connection? Or using Proxy Connection?

Comment

I connect direct I think... I have a broadband router connected to it by ethernet card.

Comment

even i have the same problem... internet much slower in kubuntu !!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe try the new Firefox? That seemed to make mine go faster
          <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

There's a lot of stuff on the net about problems with IPv6

You could try this:
            http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=6841

change references to gedit to nano (or your favourite editor

Comment

I tried to install the new firefox with autopackage and had no joy - I'm new to all this tarball compiling business and get lost - anyway - Fasterfox did speed things up a little. I read somewhere about using a proxy server to speed things ..is this worth trying? I have a copy of linux format mag that talks through using squid - but as a newbie novice numpty I might get too confused

Comment

Working...
              X