This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Single Click become Double Click

The default in Konqueror Kubuntu FF is single click. Meaning to open file or folder, we just click once and it will opened.How to change it become double click. I can't find any settings or preference....

P4 3.06 HT,RAM 512 MB, 80GB HD, Geforce 6200 LE, Kubuntu 8.04

Re: Change Single Click become Double Click

go to the K button on the left bottom corner. then click on system settings. in the system settings click on keyboard & mouse icon. then click on the mouse icon on the left column. about middle of the page you will see a section for icons. just below that is the place to change from single click to double click. just click the circle for double click and then click apply. and this should fix your problem. thanks

Comment

I would strongly recommend trying out single click before you do change it. When I first made the switch to linux I too found the single click thing quite offputting at first and almost changed it, but after about a few weeks of sticking at it I began to find that it is a much more convenient. Nowadays I even find having to go back to double clicks on the occasions when I use windows to be frustrating.

It might not seem like much but I would seriously say its better with the single click. After all how many times in windows do you ever just single click on a folder? and if you don't use single click for anything why require 2 clicks instead of just 1 to open folders? Seriously though, try it out for a while you may end up being glad you did. I know I am.

Comment

Ow thanks ponygirldefiance. I found it.

@marshallbanana
        really? Well, maybe I will try it then. Thanks for the advice
        P4 3.06 HT,RAM 512 MB, 80GB HD, Geforce 6200 LE, Kubuntu 8.04

Comment

your welcome hope your happy with linux whichever way you choose to set up your mouse.

Comment

Working...
          X