This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing citrix program

I'm trying to install Citrix on my machine. I have the program downloaded to the desktop it is a Tar format. Would someone please explain how to get it to install so I can use it. I am new to Linux and this is driving me nuts
    The name of the program is
    linuxx86.tar.gz
    Please give detailed instructions
    thanks
    Danny

Re: Installing citrix program

Hi Danny,

I'm assuming you downloaded the tarball from the official Citrix site, right? (www.citrix.com)

I did the same thing today, untarred the file like so:
    Code:
    tar -zxvf linuxx86.tar.gz
    It then extracts the file to a directory below your current directory. In this new directory, there is a file called "install.txt". This tells you to run the script "setupwfc" in the same directory.
    Give the following command:

Code:
    sudo ./setupwfc
    Be sure to enter the command exactly as above. Enter your password and then the script will run.

However, on my installation here, it said that it was not an appropriate installer for this version of Linux, or words to that effect. That means I can't install the Citrix Client.

The Citrix site offers the following installation support:
    http://support.citrix.com/article/CT...rchID=15095653
    However, that just says what I said above, which is no help at all.

In the forums I found this:
    http://support.citrix.com/forums/thr...72663&tstart=0

The solution there is this one:
    I have noticed that there exists a rather simple if not necessarily beautiful way to bypass this problem.

At least on my system all I have to actually do is to go into the source directory, that is,

/wherever/linuxx86/linuxx86.cor/

and in this directory do

./wfcmgr
    or
    ./wfica

both programs actually work. The first one lets you configure an ICA connection the second one then calls the last configured ICA connection.

So no need to install this thing and the stupid install routines don't do anything vital.
    Provided you have the proper libraries installed, this should work on your system.

HTH,

JayBee

Comment

Working...
    X