X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Synaptic Package Manager and wireless connections

Hi,

Someone installed Kubuntu for me and while I far prefer it to Windows, I've been having some problems and can't figure out how to solve them, nor can anyone else help me since no one else that I know uses Linux.

My first issue is the Synaptic Package Manager. I had someone suggest using Ubuntu instead of Kubuntu and I wanted to try it, but every time I open the SPM this error message comes up:

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
    E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

I've gone to the Konsole and typed the first line in, but it tells me the operation requires superuser privileges. ??

My second issue is wireless connections. There are some places where my computer will not connect, but everyone else is connected. Sometimes it will connect after 20 minutes, sometimes not at all, and other times immediately. I also have trouble staying connected, the connection will be lost for no reason. If I then try to reconnect it will sometimes work but other times I need to reboot my entire computer to get it to work. The same thing will happen occasionally if I try to switch networks that I am on without moving locations/turning the computer off/etc.

I tried to read through some of the forums, but there were so many posts that I didn't have time to go through them all, so I apologize if these Qs have already been asked and answered.

Thank you so much!

Karin

Re: Problem with Synaptic Package Manager and wireless connections

Try
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a

Super User DO aka "sudo" provides root power for the one command that follows.

That should take care of problem #1.

Comment

Re: Problem with Synaptic Package Manager and wireless connections

I did it! And I got it to work!

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X