This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating AptMove CD

I was reading in the Ubuntu Unofficial guide for AptMove that I can creat a cd that has all the stuff I installed via apt-get on it from my internet connected comp so that I can install it on my comp that has no internet connection available, while I was preforming the steps as indicated in the guide I was not able to compleat some steps due to not having a Release.gpg key or not knowing how to make one, since I could not complete this step the rest of the operation failed.

The link i was using is https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AptMoveHowto ,

I followed the steps exactly I think all the way up to the release.gpg key , also how do I create the file ~/myapt.conf, all I did was in terminal open kwrite copy the stuff below the instructions and named it myapt.conf and saved it in the root dir, I think its right but I am still new to all this and am not sure.

If anyone has a better or easier way of doing this operation it would be greatly appreciated.

all I really want to do is download and install the mp3 codecs and engines for amarok on my non internet comp and also install Grip so I can rip audio cds into ogg and mp3 on the same comp.

Thanks.
    &quot;Time fades even legend&quot;<br />-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Working...
X