This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions on Kubuntu

If K3b is installed (it should be), then it's as simple as right-clicking on the downloaded .iso file, selecting Open with K3b and letting it load up the file. Then, with a CD-R in your CD drive, click Start. K3b will do all the rest.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I was think 15gb for /, 2.5gb for /swap, and the remaining 132.5gb for /home. Better safe than sorry. Is that reasonable?

Other than, I don't have any more questions right now! Thank you all for the very helpful information! I am truly in everyone's debt! Work keeps me busy (and takes it out of me) on week nights, so I hope to have Kubuntu running by the weekend. Thank you all so much. I will hope that you all will meet the other questions and concerns I have about Kubuntu in the future.

Thanks once again,
      Chaar.

Comment

10 GB for / is really fine. You sound exactly like I did, and I'm glad I followed the advice given here instead of going with the 15 or 20 GB that felt better to me -- I would regret this now! If you ever needed more space, you could resize the partitions without data loss (never 100% free of risk, though). It is more likely that you will regret the extra 5 GB than that you will need more than 10 GB.

Comment

Chaar -

Welcome to Linux! Plenty of people here who are willing to provide assistance (in varying degrees of effectiveness) upon request.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X