This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wine: not enough memory to install applications

Hello, I recently installed wine 64bit on my computer, and for some reason, my system seems to have capped the total memory available for application installation to around 70MB, which is barely enough to install anything. I currently have a 200GB HD with about 165GB free space, so I should have plenty of room for app installation. Is there a way I can alter wine's configuration to provide more memory, or what should I do? Also, where does wine default its installed applications? Can I access them through /usr/share/applications or is there a specific "wine" directory?
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Re: wine: not enough memory to install applications

inf you install programs when wine says "C:\program files" ...(default)
    the installed apps are in
    Code:
    ~/.wine/drive_c/[code]
    you'll find it.

The thing about memory is uncertain. Do you lack RAM or Disk space in the drive?
    [/code]
    Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

Well, the RAM's not the problem; I have 2 Gigs. I had assumed I had plenty of HD space as well, but after your post, I checked it and apparently all I have left is about 60MB, which is incredibly difficult for me to believe. I suppose I should do some serious cleaning and get another HD. Thanks, integr8e
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

No problem
        Have fun.
        Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

I had the same problem but I knew that I had ~14Gig of HD space a day ago, so I started checking and what do you know a Wine proccess managed to chew through my HD space like there was no tomorrow, I killed the process and voila! 14.9 gig free again.

this is an old topic but just in case someone else gets this problem they could check this

Comment

Working...
          X