X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vodafone 3G Datacard

Hi guys

How do i get my Huawei E620 datacard to work in Kubuntu ?

I am a newbie and will need a gr8 deal of guidance, thx

Re: Vodafone 3G Datacard

Technical, and you may want to contact the poster for any questions, but, check out Vodafone Mobile Connect 3G/GPRS in Ubuntu Linux
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

tHX Snowhog

Comment

If that post turns out to be helpful, please post so that anyone else who has this issue can also be helped.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

will most certainly do that - let me read it up and see what i can mke of it

thx again

Comment

Snowhog, i can't make head or tail of what is going on ... i am a newbie to linux, not very intelligent when it comes to computers and programming, damn i am lost, i am hoping someone can mke it simple for me or guide me etc etc on how to connect to the net via my datacard

i hve kubuntu on my laptop, i am afraid when i install it on my desktop, i hve an isdn internal modem, how oh how will kubuntu pick up the modem, how will i install the drivers blah blah blah

i really am njoying the feel and use of kubuntu compared to windows, but boy oh boy am i battling

Comment

Regarding huawei -> http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3090872.0 it's E220 though.
              Check out my Ⓥegan youtube channel PlantSugar
              CV and gallery at grn.dk
              Please add [SOLVED] to topic subject when topic is solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Ross
                Snowhog, i can't make head or tail of what is going on ... i am a newbie to linux, not very intelligent when it comes to computers and programming, damn i am lost, i am hoping someone can mke it simple for me or guide me etc etc on how to connect to the net via my datacard

i hve kubuntu on my laptop, i am afraid when i install it on my desktop, i hve an isdn internal modem, how oh how will kubuntu pick up the modem, how will i install the drivers blah blah blah

i really am njoying the feel and use of kubuntu compared to windows, but boy oh boy am i battling
                Ok relax, with kubuntu it takes a little more searching and reading in order to resolve issues as I have personally found from experience. My installation of Kubuntu isn't perfect but it it works enough for it to be usuable.

Now to your problem, I don't personally have one of these cards but I've managed to get some more information within the links that Snowhog Gave.

Here are some links

For Driver installation:
                https://forge.vodafonebetavine.net/f...99.17_i386.deb

Install it like you would a setup file in MS Windows, then follow the instructions below.

Instructions on use:
                http://www.howtoforge.com/vodafone_m...d_driver_linux

Just some terms for newbies

Console or terminal = Command prompt like Konsole in KDE

kdesu = command used for the user interface version of sudo (kdesu installed by default)

Debian = the version of linux OS of which Ubuntu and Kubuntu are based on.

Deb = are installation packages designed for a Debian based OS

Without actually having the datacard myself I cannot do any tests, I hope this helps anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X