This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Want to run from CD anymore

I'm a bit new and trying this out. I so far really like Kubuntu but don't want to run it from the CD all the time. That has been really annoying hearing the CD spin up every time I want to do something. How do I install Kubuntu directly to the hard drive for a perm install such as Win XP?

Re: Don't Want to run from CD anymore

On the desktop of the live CD you're running, there should be an icon that says install, or something similar. If you click that icon, it'll start you through the installation process on your computer.

If you're just simply going to wipe the computer and do a solo kubuntu install, this will work just fine for you. If you want to dual boot with whatever you already have on your computer, a flavor of windows I assume, then you might want to search the forum for suggestions on how to do this. I've seen a lot of recommendations to use the alternate CD if you wish to install dual boot. I haven't installed anything dual boot in a long while, and most certainly haven't tried under *buntu, so I'm not going to be much direct help there.

Comment

Lot of useful information in here (read it before clicking "Install"): http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/index.php

Comment

w0rd!!
        Thanks Death Kitten. Thats exactly what I have been looking for. I simply thought that icon on the desktop was just letting me know that the install cd was in the drive, not that it would walk me through a perm install.

Comment

Working...
        X