X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPod compatible software?

Hey..
    Anyone knows whether I can run iTunes in kubuntu? If not, can anyone give me a link to a similar program so I can use my iPod?
    Thank you very much for your time, and your help liberating me from windows.

~~ nielsE

Re: iPod compatible software?

gtkpod

This package is available in Adept Manager. Description:

manage songs and playlists on an Apple iPod
    gtkpod is a platform independent GUI for Apple's iPod using GTK2. It allows you to upload songs and playlists to your iPod. It supports ID3 tag editing, multiple charsets for ID3 tags, detects duplicate songs, allows offline modification of the database with later synchronisation, and more.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Rhythmbox comes with Ubuntu and is supposed to be the iTunes clone for Linux. It's in the "main" repository, so it is officialy supported.

Comment

Look over this you may find something that will help you
        https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PortableDevices/iPod
        Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

You can actually use Amarok and it is built right in to kubuntu too!

Comment

Working...
          X