This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Dock For Kubuntu?

I've been trying to find a Mac style dock and came across a couple of possibilities, however when I install Kool Dock I cant find it anywhere and dont know how to activate it + I've not found a simple explanation of how to install Kiba Dock or even if it works with Kubuntu.

Does anyone use a dock instead of the taskbar? Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks in advance!
    Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Re: Good Dock For Kubuntu?

Look e.g. at "Linux desktop imitating OSX" on http://www.taimila.com/?q=node/11
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

thanks. I cant get KXDocker to work unfortunately, it installs fine but wont start. The others dont seem to be supported by Kubuntu at all
      Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Comment

I think the problem is that most dont seem to support 64bit processors kiba seems to work on i386 but not x86_64 so wont install or run under Kubuntu amd64

anyone know of one that will?

Comment

found a workaround to the problemn and now have kiba dock up and running if you need the workaround just ask

Comment

It will be more helpful if you post what you did to get it to work. Others will appreciate it.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X