This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

real player 10.0.8

A couple of days ago Opera was updated.(Kubuntu 6.06)
    This morning realplayer was updated.
    Now, in Opera, trying to access a play on the BBC'c "listen again," a window comes up "10.0.8/realplay' No such file or directory"
    Any advice to solve this
    Thanks

Re: real player 10.0.8

Try by-passing it by not using RealPlayer at all. When you go to the radio front page (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/d/) click on BBC Radio Player instead.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

I am using the international version of the BBC and going to BBC7 "listen again "
      their page states:

BBC 7 streams the majority of its content in Real Player format and Windows Media format

Also Real player has a sliding button that allows one to start in the middle of the play if desired.
      I really need real player because it seems to be the only apt. that does this.
      Thanks for your quick reply.

Comment

The site is apparently experiencing problems, at least I can't connect to it at the moment, but the following site contains information on installing RealPlayer in Feisty Fawn:

http://ubuntuguide.org/

When you do get connected, go to 1.7.5.12 How to install RealPlayer 10 Multimedia Player
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Instructions for installing RealPlayer in Feisty are Here

Comment

Alternatively the BBC have help. Look at "Can RealPlayer be installed on a Linux / Unix computer?" (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/help/faq/...tibility.shtml) and "Audio Help : Advice for Unix/Linux users" (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/help/linux/).

I found the advice about :The files nphelix.so and nphelix.xpt must be in the browser's plugins directory for Opera, Firefox and Mozilla - most helpful
            "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
            "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

many thanks to all of you.
              It seems that I posted to the wrong forum.
              I am using kubuntu 6.06 and I guess that everyone assumes that this forum is for the latest version of Kubuntu.
              This mess with Opera sucks because until I did the update (i.e I clicked on the little red triangle) my opera was fine.
              I see that going from dapper(6.06) to feisty involves at least 2 steps. I seem to remember reading in a forum that about 50% of the people upgrading ran into problems. I think I will wait and hope that the bozo that screwed my realplayer will fix it with another update or I will do a new install in october.
              Thanks to all

Comment

Originally posted by senorian
                It seems that I posted to the wrong forum.
                I am using kubuntu 6.06
                No problem. This section of the forum isn't specifically labled for a specific release of *ubuntu, so ....

Comment

Working...
                X