This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaming with Kubuntu

Hello, I've been using Kubuntu for about a week (7.04) and I don't want to use Windows anymore. Kubuntu is perfect for me in every way, except for gaming.

I've installed the game "Jade Empire - Special Edition" with Wine, but I am unable to play it. In the app database of Wine it is clearly stated that this game cannot be played using Wine.

I think it should work with Cedega (I now have this program), but I don't know how to install this program.

So my questions are: Will this game work under Cedega? If so, how do I install this program? If not, what are my other options, besides using Windows?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I'm really a New Guy to all this, if you know what I mean.

Re: Gaming with Kubuntu

Hard to tell, my friend. This is much more of a Cedega issue than a Kubuntu (or any other distro) issue, you need to test.
    There you go: http://www.cedega.com/support/faq/
    They are much more capable to answer that, I presume. They always answered whatever I asked. =)

Comment

I think I'm getting closer, but when trying to install the package, a console pops up and asks a password. The weird thing is: I can't type anything! The only thing I can do is press enter. I can give commands in the console, but I can't type anything when it asks a password.

Comment

you will probably want to post this question in the transgaming forums, they are the ones who build and maintain cedega, cedega is only the front end to an app called point to play from transgaming. at their website they have a list of games and how compatible they are with cedega. as well as official support forums, remember cedega cost 15$ for three months cause thats how they can use the direct X api from microsoft without getting sued. However it has been my experiance that cedega is a far cry from a viable gaming answer for linux. its just easier to dual boot windows and keep a small windows partition for gaming only. thats what I do.
        &quot;Time fades even legend&quot;<br />-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Comment

Working...
        X