Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conflicts in Kpackage - is this a problem?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conflicts in Kpackage - is this a problem?

Greets, all -
    I wanted to have gedit available on my system, since many of the procedures I have seen using terminal ask you to use gedit, so I launched KPackage, and was able to find gedit, gedit-common, and gedit-dev.
    Being new to this interface, I first installed gedit-common, then discovered that I can batch-install by checking items.
    I checked gedit-dev and gedit, and when I look on the right panel (with gedit highlighted on left panel), it lists the dependencies (a ton of them), then lists conflicts.
    the actual line states :
    Conflicts gedit-common(<= 2.10.5-1).

Before I up-and-install this, what should I do? Remove gedit-common? Install gedit even though it conflicts? and what about gedit-dev? do I need this?
    Thanks for the advice!

Re: Conflicts in Kpackage - is this a problem?

You don't need gedit. Gedit is just a text editor. You can use any text editor in place of gedit. It is the GNOME text editor. Instead, use Kate, the KDE (advanced) text editor.

So whenever you encounter instructions that say "gedit" substitute "kate". Whenever you see "gksudo gedit" or "gksu gedit", use "kdesu kate".
    Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

Re: Conflicts in Kpackage - is this a problem?

I think Kate is actually a better editor anyway. Especially with the plugins.
      ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Working...
      X