This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolution Problems, HP Pavillion Laptop

Alright, I'm not exactly a linux noob, but I'm no linux god either. Having said that, I installed 7.04 to my new laptop, and have been for the most part been happy since. My display ran nicely in 1280x800 and looked great on my 14.1 inch screen. Since then, I've been playing away and have installed the nvidia proper drivers and GLX (ultimately trying to install Beryl, right now trying to get glxgears to work). On a restart of X ( [ctrl]+[alt]+[Backspace] ) that failed to restart, I rebooted the computer. Everything came up sort of rosy, except now I'm stuck in 1024x768 with no option for higher.

So.....how do I fix this? Help please.

Re: Resolution Problems, HP Pavillion Laptop

You can reconfigure your x-server, but after the process you might have to reinstall the nvidia driver again. Use the command
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    This will start a text-based wizard. Answer the questions you can. If there are questions you can't answer then go with the default answer. If at first you don't succeed than try again. You might have to experiment a bit. You might be able to use nv or nvidia. If all fails choose vesa which should give you graphics to work within.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
    X