This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visualisations in Amarok

Hey guys. Just wondering if there is a way to get Visualisation working in Amarok? i have gone to the Libvisual website and it says it has crashed. Is there anything i could possibly do alternatively to get this feature? even if it means going to another supported site to download the required stuff.

Re: Visualisations in Amarok

By running "sudo aptitude install libvisual" you should get the 2 packages needed for the visualization. You can, of course, use your favorite GUI-based package manager for it instead of the command line.

Comment

U need to type on the Konsole

sudo aptitude install libvisual-0.4-0 libvisual-0.4-plugins

Ur password and u will be good to go

Regards,

MepisReign
      Beware the Almighty Command Line

Comment

thanx guys that has worked... the GUI-bassed ones that were refered to where would i possibly find something for them to download, install or whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by puddles
          the GUI-bassed ones that were refered to where would i possibly find something for them to download, install or whatever?
          Originally posted by DMurray
          You can, of course, use your favorite GUI-based package manager for it instead of the command line.
          DMurray was referring to the use of GUI package managers, like Synaptic or Adept, as apposed to you using the command line (apt-get ...) to retrieve and install packages.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X