X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SATA and ATA

Hello,

I have two HD on my machine: one is SATA and the other ATA. The SATA has 2 partitions, both are NTFS.
    The ATA has two partitions too, with NTFS. I also has free space on the last part of the 2nd HD (ATA) where I want to install Kubuntu.

So.... I run the CD from boot and Kubuntu is uploaded. I try to install and I get nothing on the partitioning stage.

Does anyone have any idea of what to do? It is very frustrating.

A.O

Re: SATA and ATA

Mixtures of SATA and PATA can be complicating, but let’s not go there right this minute.
    (a jmicron Southbridge ICH8 chip doesn’t happen to be involved here does it – recent mobo?)

I would first try a separate partitioning step using GParted Live CD to see if you still have the problem.

GParted: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Qqmike,

Thanks for the answer.

a jmicron Southbridge ICH8 chip doesn’t happen to be involved here does it – recent mobo? = NO.

How will gParted help me ... it's just a tool for partitioning and I already have the partitions I want.

A.O

Comment

I misread your post to mean that the partitioner included with the installer wouldn’t work.
        So when you say
        “I try to install and I get nothing on the partitioning stage,”
        what happens, what do you see?
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

That is Ok.

I mean that the installer that the partitioner does nothing. I see nothing! I don't see my hard drives and
          I cannot choose the destination for installation.

A.O

Comment

"How will gParted help me ... it's just a tool for partitioning and I already have the partitions I want."

True, but I was just curious to see if GParted would see things differently, if it sees the drives correctly, or HOW it sees them.

Comment

Working...
            X