This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows file server goes to sleep, and I get umounted

sudo mount -t smbfs -o NAME,PASSWORD //cygne1000/TonyShare ~/netmount/cygne1000/tonyshare
    Where NAME is my Windows user logon name, and PASSWORD is the required password for that name. cygne1000 is an XP Home that is my print/file server.

I can only mount this share when NAME is actively logged on. If he logs off, or gets logged by the screen saver, then I can't mount or access the mount (if it was previously mounted before the log) I can still print with who ever is logged on or off of cygne.

Is this a Windows issue? A Home/Pro issue? A simply file sharing issue? I'm missing something here. This should work dang it! >
    Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Re: Windows file server goes to sleep, and I get umounted

I think there is a setting in the xp screen saver about logging out when active and I think this can be "unchecked". I think you might also want it to "wake on lan" if it goes to sleep.

I'm not exactly sure where these settings are because I've not used windows in a while. Hope this helps though.

eriefisher
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Re: Windows file server goes to sleep, and I get umounted

I guess my question is more...

Why can't I access these shares even if the computer does automatically log off the specified user? (BTW the printer/file server computer [cgne1000] never hibernates or suspends or shuts down as this does interrupt my printing.) Since I'm sending the computer an authenticated user name and password I should be able to access the shares whether that particular user is logged on or not. Right?!
      Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Comment

Working...
      X