This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Core support

I want to have a through installation of Kubuntu before I become more dependent of it then Windows. I have an HP dv8000t with Intel Centrino Duo processor. I was suggested by someone to get the x86_64bit version of Feisty for it. Though when I had Ubuntu, I had the i386 version, I downloaded the smp package i686 to take advantage of the dual processors. I also downloaded the KDE package on Ubuntu to try out the Kubuntu feel, like the graphics. I'm mostly using the computer for basics, internet, chat, experimenting here and there. I was just wondering if I do get the 64bit version what about compatibility problems with installing programs, also Flash (I think it doesn't support 64)?

Basically what package of Kubuntu should I download for Feisty on a dual core laptop?
    What about program compatibility problems with the 64bit version?

Re: Dual Core support

my experience, the 64 bit CD iso wont run on non-64 bit CPUs. So download and burn the CD if it wont work, get the other one.
    Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Comment

Re: Dual Core support

Ant2ne is right. If the Centrino CPU is not 64bit, it won't, of course, run a 64bit OS.
      For the Flash problem, I wrote on another thread that Flash would never, ever prevent me from installing a 64bit OS on my machine. And if you read the FAQs and search the threads, the Flash problem is past now.

Comment

Working...
      X