This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to invoke file manager

When I invoke the file manager from the quick browser or konqueror, the system calls kaudiocreator instead. Undoubtably, I confused the system somehow when I was changing settings.

Is there a way to restore sanity to my desktop?

Re: Unable to invoke file manager

Konqueror is the file manager.

I'm not sure what your after.
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

It is very strange. If I click on Konquorer directly, then go onto the web, it acts as expected. But if I ask it to show me my local files, it will call up kAudioCreator. I am tempted to just reinstall Kubuntu, lock stock and barrel, but there are a number of settings that I do not want to lose.

Steve

Comment

I'm away from my system at the moment, but I think you only have a minor "file associations" problem -- nothing to warrant a re-installation.

Try using Control Center (not System Settings) and then look for KDE Components > File Associations. Get to Control Center with "Alt-F2" and then
        Code:
        kcontrol
        Also, I know there is a way in Konqueror to tell it how to respond to different types of files, but I cannot recall exactly how that works. You might try looking at the Help menu in Konqueror, for something like "file associations".

Comment

Thank you Dibl. That fixed the problem.

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X