This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Problem

I installed Kubuntu, and it seemed to install fine, however whenever it tries to boot up (right after all that stuff scrolls down the screen when it starts up), the screen gets messed up (like when you try to run at a resolution that is too high for your monitor or when you first start a mame rom and it flashes wierd patterns for a little while before it starts the game). I even tried ubuntu, and the same thing happens. However, when I tried knoppix it worked. I recently upgaded my video card from a Geforce 4 MX 440 to a Geforce 6600. The MX440 worked fine with ubuntu (I was using version 4.10 on it). I really want to try out Kubuntu, but I am having a hard time getting it to work. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I might fix this.

Re: Video Problem

Press ctrl+alt+F1 when it start scrilling your stuff, this will bring you the shell prompt. Login here then type sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg. reconfigure your graphic card by following this wizard. Once you done, either issue /etc/init.d/kdm restart or press alt+ctrl+F7 and then press ALT+CTRL+BACKSPACE to restart Xserver.
    cheers!
    -=|From the desk of|=-
    «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
    «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
    «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
    Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

Working...
    X