This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP address when booting on the live CD

does the IP address remain the same one when booting on the live CD as when going onto the Internet with ones computer in windows, also, is the IP address the same each time when using the live cd or does it become a random given one for the time that one is on the Internet with it.
    every day is a gift

Re: IP address when booting on the live CD

If you are referring to the the 'assigned IP' for your connection session, that all depends on how your ISP has set up your account. For most people, the IP issued is dynamic (changes each time you connect). You can always check with you ISP to see how your account is configured.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

If your connection it through a router, the IP address visible to the internet will usually only change when you turn off the modem or router. The address for your computer on your internal network can either be static or dynamically assigned by the router each time you boot your computer. Usually routers are set up to be dynamic, but if you don't have many other computers on your network, or the others aren't turning on and off at the same time as yours, you can often still end up with the same IP within your network.

Comment

so with a modem or on an network at hot spot when I use the live CD my IP address being dynamic means that the IP address will differ each time?
        every day is a gift

Comment

it will be different, within a range, but you will have it assigned to you. Your networkmanager needs to be set to recieve the DHCP address.
          Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Comment

can I say then that a live CD is a much better way of doing the Internet if one wants to remain both anonymous and malwarefree.
            every day is a gift

Comment

Working...
            X