This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with KDE Menu Editor

Hi, I am pretty new to Linux and have just installed Kubuntu. I've always liked the look of KDE better than Gnome for some reason, but I'm having issues ordering my KDE Menu. I am a gamer by heart so after some trial and error managed to get both, UT2004 and Quake 4 installed without any hitches. Thing is, I can't add them to the KDE Menu. Everytime I do some changes to the menu and save (it shows me a nice saving bar) it does absolutelly nothing. I've tried rebooting, restarting the X server etc. Wouldn't bug me if it were just those 2 things, but I've been messing w/ Kubuntu enough that there are a lot of new things I want to add to the menu but nothing saves. Any idea how to fix this?

I did a search before I posted this question and someone said not to bother and just create .desktops for each application. Just to satiate my curiosity, does that make a shortcut into your desktop of anygiven application (just making sure). Now, thats not really what I want, kubuntu came with a nice menu and I intend to use it (if I figure a way to do it). Thanks

Re: Problem with KDE Menu Editor

Have you tried creating a new user and seeing if the new user account has the same problem?
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Re: Problem with KDE Menu Editor

Just did, it has no problems there. Going to see if I can re-create main etc

Edit: fixed, thanks

Comment

Working...
      X