X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to Linux

Originally posted by Ant2ne
    what is wrong with KPDF?
    There is no button to rotate the page 90 degrees left/right so when your lecture notes come side you must put your actual screen at 90 degrees instead.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallbanana
      Originally posted by Ant2ne
      what is wrong with KPDF?
      There is no button to rotate the page 90 degrees left/right so when your lecture notes come side you must put your actual screen at 90 degrees instead.
      Ok, you found one thing wrong with it. :P But honestly, people who make things 90o should be smacked! >
      Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Comment

Hi everyone
        Ant2ne,sir,I got acrobat running now and yes, it brings up my pages heaps faster than Kpdf.Even jumping off to a page much further down doesnt bring up a blank page like Kpdf used to do.The documents I am trying to view are mostly pictures with some text in them,so perhaps that was the problem?Anyway I am happy now.And other graphics programs do come up fast enough sir.

askrieger,sir, tyvm

Comment

Interesting. Someone contact KPDF and tell them that they got a bug and acrobat is out doing them.
          Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Comment

It may not entirely be KPDF's fault. Kubuntu has a very heavily modified KPDF (it uses a different backend). From what I've personally experienced (your mileage may vary), Kubuntu's KPDF is somewhat slower than, say, Gentoo's or openSUSE's (10.2).

So I'm not so sure the finger should be pointed at KPDF in this instance.
            Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

There's also another package in the repos called "Xpdf". A few releases ago (Breezy?, Dapper?) I was having a rendering problem on some pdf files with kpdf so I installed Xpdf and it worked well as I recall.

Comment

Hi
                Well I tried Xpdf too but I couldnt get it to work any better with my files either.Dunno why- must be all those images?

Comment

Working...
                X