X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing in a RAID configuration

Hello!

I've a RAID 0 system running windows with programs and games installed. I want to install kubuntu in 15Gb of free space i let for it (i used PartitionMagic to do that).

So... i tried to install Kubuntu but i don't know how to do it: install kubuntu in that partition but not ereasing the other data (windows partitions).

How could i do that??

Thanks!!

Re: Installing in a RAID configuration

Hi,

If you've let free place (no partition) for this install, just start install and when you're asked to choose between using all space, all free space and manage by yourself, just do it by yourself and select the free place to create your system. If you're not sure about which one to do, just come back here and tell us the choices and partitions available in install... It should be ok enough to help.

Cheers

Comment

Re: Installing in a RAID configuration

Thanks sky for the fast reply

Ok, I had let free space (no partition) for the install.

The problem is that the instalation detects i have 2 hard discs, and let me choose in which one i would like to install kubuntu... but, i shouldn't have to choose one of them... IT'S A RAID, logicaly! It should show me as one big disc with the free space.... but I can't find the option that says i could select the free space

Comment

Working...
      X