This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard not working in KDE

This weekend I installed Kubuntu 7.04 in my cousin's PC. He lives in another town. (and he is 11 years old)

When he had questions, I tried to answer them, installed stuff personally using that desktop sharing thing.

HOWEVER now he has a serious problem: The keyboard doesn't seem to work when he logged into KDE. Console works fine though. What program could he have deleted or installed, or what settings has he turned on accidentally that prevent keyboard from working? I tried to fix it using that desktop sharing, but I couldn't find the problem.

We even tried
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    but that didn't help. If anyone knows, please help us.
    Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Re: Keyboard not working in KDE

I don't have a solution, but I've had that happen twice now with my USB keyboard. The second time I did it, in Ubuntu, was when I tried to run glxgears in fullscreen mode. When I turned off glxgears, I turned off my keyboard as well I don't guess I'll be doing THAT again!

Nothing worse than having to push that little restart button with all three hard drives spinning and their filesystems alive and well, and no way to shut them down gracefully ...

I'm pretty sure an old PS/2 keyboard would not have "disconnected" like that -- it's probably a USB thing -- just my guess. Sorry I can't offer something more helpful

Comment

Re: Keyboard not working in KDE

that is bad. The thing is that the my keyboard doesn't work when connected remotely.
      I even managed to install a virtual keyboard. That didn't work too.

Now he told me that the control of the keyboard was lost when whe he pressed [Esc] while running red alert with wine.
      Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

Working...
      X