This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ubunyu... to kubuntu

ok i installed ubuntu from the shipit CDs... so cool!!! anyways i think i like KDE better is there a way to make ubuntu into kubuntu? i am so new b so be gentle on me and make your instructions so simple that your 2 year old brother/nephew/son could understand them... also is there a way to make enlightenment work with ubuntu... cause that looks hot too!!!

Thanks for your help and patience... you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!

Re: ubunyu... to kubuntu

See the InstallingKDE page for details.

~ Patrick

Comment

hmm thanks i cant believe i couldnt find that before i dont know what i was typing... but another brief question... if i want to choose between KDE and gnome, do i have to dual boot or can i choose at a log in or something like that... hmm so newb at this... thanks for understanding!!!

Comment

No need for a dual-boot...you can choose the desktop you want in your login manager (kdm or gdm)

Comment

hi there, I have a couple more questions to add to this thread:

and when you want to get rid of ubuntu, what do you do? Also, is there a problem with overlapping menus?

The reason I ask is that I'm getting the kubuntu-desktop meta package now, but I have had problems in the past trying out xfce.... What I'm doing now is actually crating a different user and installing kubuntu as him (only it's a sudo aptitude command, so it doesn't make much difference, does it?)

Comment

Getting rid of Unbutu would be a major task. I at first installed Kunbutu on top of Unbutu and did not like it at all. You wind up with major bloat, you look for an app and find 5 and some apps just stop working. At first i tried to remove all the offending things but quickly realized it would be far to much effort, so what i finally did was a fresh install of Kunbutu and am much much happier. I really like the way Gnome looks and moves, but KDE is just far superior when it comes to apps and control. Now if I could just make it look good..LOL

well there is my 2 centavos.

Comment

Working...
            X