X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installing moodin

ello everybody

installed this wonderful os yesterday. been looking round kde-look and set about customising my system. wanted a sexy splashscreen, and it seems most of the cool ones need the "moodin" engine before they work.

decompressed the .tar.gz to /home/user/moodin. changed konsole dir to /moodin and did a ./configure. all was going well until it aborted:

checking for vsnprintf... yes
    checking for snprintf... yes
    checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!

what do i do?

Re: installing moodin

I packaged the `ksplash-engine-moodin` myself. (Here's it's build stuff of that faithfully package)

According to this page it's in Breezy Backports so make sure you've enabled it (in /etc/apt/sources.list). It's in Dapper Universe in the mean time.

To install run: `sudo apt-get install ksplash-engine-moodin` in the konsole after enabling Backports and running `sudo apt-get update`

Comment

did as u said... sudo apt-get update also had the same error

hakz@godlike:/$ sudo apt-get install ksplash-engine-moodin
      E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
      E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
      hakz@godlike:/$

Comment

Do you have Adept or something like that working?

Comment

figured it out... had adept running as well... bit of a conflict :P

can u plz tell me how to install the theme i downloaded?

Comment

Open System Settings go to the `Splash Screen` area (under Desktop). And press 'Add', look for the tarball of the theme in that box and click it. (it will install itself)

~ Patrick

Comment

ty

Comment

Working...
              X