This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yahoo mail crashes konqueror

Sometimes, when I'm opening some e-mails konqueror crashes. When it crashes, it just freezes up and doesn't give me any error messages. I've noticed that only e-mails from people I know crashes it. Not other e-mails. The e-mails informing me of new replies to this forum don't crash it. I can switch to my Vista partition and check my e-mails just fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and knows of a possible fix for it.
    Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Re: yahoo mail crashes konqueror

I could never get Konqueror to even open Yahoo. You would be better to use Firefox.instead
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by arochester
      I could never get Konqueror to even open Yahoo. You would be better to use Firefox.instead
      I like konqueror. Getting rid of it is not an option. I'd rather get something to work properly rather than dispose of it. If we just got rid of something if it didn't work the first time, then we'd all be using Windows.

Comment

I don't think that arochester is suggesting that you get rid of Konqueror. He was suggesting that you use Ff to interact with Yahoo mail, because there may be a problem in the Yahoo mail site's code that konq doesn't like but that Ff can deal with. As a slightly less drastic solution, you could try (in Konqueror) Settings > "Configure Konqueror" > "Browser Identification">Site Name: Yahoo<whatever> <skipidentification >User Agent: <something that works>. Try the listing that's already in place for google.com. If that doesn't work try "Safari". As you may know, Apple uses the konqueror rendering agent.

Comment

Will try next time I get a crashing e-mail.

Comment

Working...
          X