This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My iPod and Amarok

Well i started using Amarok to update my ipod but when i put all my songs on my iPod it groups all the artist with the word THE together. Is there a way to make Amarok ignore THE from artist names?

Re: My iPod and Amarok

Edit all the group names (?!)

Comment

Huh? How would i do that?
      Amarok already ignores Artist names with THE in the beginning and sorts them alphabetically but when i transfer them to my iPod it doesnt ignore the THE.

For example in my Amarok library The Beatles is under B but in my iPod its under T. How can i get them to be under B in my iPod too?

Comment

My suggestion was facetious, but there are two possible ways to do it. First, of all the problem may be due to the different ways that your ipod and Amarok get Title and Artist information. Amarok uses the meta-information stored in the file, itself. I have no idea how ipods obtain the information since I don't have an ipod. Does your ipod use the file name, instead? If so, one can simply edit all the file names, preferably, with some command line magic, but, by hand, if necessary. If, on the other hand, Amarok is automagically removing initial "The"s in the meta-information, which the ipod instead uses, you'll have to edit the meta-information.

My own evidence with regard to Amarok is ambiguous. For example, all my file names have the "The" removed, but Amarok lists two separate artist categories for "Beach Boys" and "Beach Boys, The". Sure enough, if I hover on the files in Konqueror I find the following two entries in the preview of the meta-information "Artist: Beach Boys" and "Artist: Beach Boys, The". If, in fact, your ipod is "correcting" the entry, e.g. changing "Beach Boys, The" to "The Beach Boys" (not that I expect anyone to have the Beach Boys on an ipod), you will have to edit the meta-information. Unfortunately, I can't help you there.

Comment

Working...
        X