This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to update one package (Gwenview)

I'd like to update Gwenview from Edgy's 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 without upgrading all of Kubuntu. How do I do this?
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: How to update one package (Gwenview)

Normally, the way to do that would be to add the Edgy-backports repository to sources list. Unfortunately, I just checked at the packages.ubuntu.com website and gwenview 1.4.1 has not been backported to Edgy. If you really, really need it. You will have to either upgrade to Feisty, or backport it yourself. That would be a "Real Learning Experience". In other words, upgrading to Feisty is likely to be faster and less painful.

Comment

Re: How to update one package (Gwenview)

Originally posted by joneall
      I'd like to update Gwenview from Edgy's 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 without upgrading all of Kubuntu. How do I do this?
      Have you tried to download the deb from the mirrors and try to install it by hand?.

It could be dead easy (if no deps), or complete impossible, but as long as you don't start to install libs it should be reasonable safe (as safe as this kind of mixes are safe, of course).

Javier.

Comment

Working...
      X