This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit: KDE login malfunction

Hello, I was hoping for some help with this. Don't know how it happened or how to fix it.

the reason I tried to log out was that I was messing with the taskbar panel, just made it small. Then it wouldn't get any bigger, which I didn't understand. I thought maybe logging out/in or restarting might work.

I just logged out by right clicking on the desktop, logout, and end current session. Now, when I try to get back in, my account won't start up. The password is right. After I enter it, the screen turns black (with the clock cursor) for a few seconds and then comes right back to the log-in screen. I'm not sure if it's just my account or if the whole system's now like that, I only have one account.

I'm Using Kubuntu edgy eft, just normal kde with no real modifications than basic settings, if you can call them modifications.

Thank you

UPDATE: I can log-in console only through ctrl-alt-F6, but not visually. which just makes me think something's wrong with KDE. But, I don't know how to fix it. If somebody could tell me that,

Re: Either KDE doesn't start or I somehow locked myself out

Try logging in uder safe mode.
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Re: Either KDE doesn't start or I somehow locked myself out

I can log-in console only through ctrl-alt-F6, but not visually. which just makes me think something's wrong with KDE. But, I don't know how to fix it. If somebody could tell me that,

Comment

Re: Edit: KDE login malfunction

What eriefisher was suggesting was you that you reboot, then select the second choice on the boot menu, which is called "recovery mode". You will get a full screen black-and-white console (just like Ctl-Alt-Fn) except that you will have root privileges (once you give your password). Then, type the command "startx". It might work, but if it doesn't, you'll get an error message that we can use to try tp figure out what's happening.

Comment

Working...
        X