This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexmark all in one printer

I am just learning how to install things without having to ask. I need the LEXUSB-SCANNER-1.0-1 driver. it is a .tar.GZ file. I have decompressed it, gone in to terminal changed location from default to desktop, to LEXUSB-SCANNER-1.0-1 and typed sudo apt-get install lxkscanner_load. this didn't work, then i tried entering the text I found, that didn't work. I have been trying everything since last night and have worked on this for 13 hours. I need help. Thank you for your assistance>
    In virtue tus, Domini, Laetabitur Justus, ut super <br />salutare tuum exsultabit ye-hementer;<br />desideraium animae ejus tribuisti ei. ps 20:4

Re: Lexmark all in one printer

I know in history Linux and Lexmark have not got along well. However, The tar file you down loaded should have come with a "read me" file. This file should tell you how to install the driver. If not there should be something on the site where you got to tell you. It will all depend what type of file it is(binary,source,etc).

Maybe someone else here has already installed it and might jump in.

eriefisher
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

The problem is that there files are tested on Red Hat. I don't have commands to use on this. Is there a generic I can use that will work?
      In virtue tus, Domini, Laetabitur Justus, ut super <br />salutare tuum exsultabit ye-hementer;<br />desideraium animae ejus tribuisti ei. ps 20:4

Comment

What is the model of the printer?
        Is the driver file an .rpm?
        ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

The model is Lexmark X3350. There is no .rpm file. Only the tar.gz

Comment

The FIRST place to look for information about printers and All-in Ones in Linux is LinuxPrinting.org. Unfortunately, your printer is classified on this page as a "paperweight". This means that it is a so-called "Winprinter". In order to reduce the initial price (while charging an arm and a leg for new cartridges), the manufacturers leaves out most of the electronics and relies on a driver program in your computer that they supply (ONLY to M$) to drive the printer, dot-by-dot. The Red Hat driver MAY work. The problem is that Red Hat and Kubuntu organize their file trees differently, so it may not work without a lot of effort on your part.

Comment

I wou.dn't know where to start. Are there any suggestions for a printer? perferabally and all in one.

Comment

Check out LinuxPrinting.org! They have a list of recommended printers and All-in-Ones.

Comment

This worked for me -> http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3082051.0

One of the most annoying features of this OS is the cryptic solutions to problems. I would never have thought a "foomatic-db-gutenprint package" (whatever that is) would get me my printer drivers. Maybe if I spoke german =)
                  Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Comment

Working...
                  X