This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 questions

I'm making the leap from windows which I am quite familiar with, anything Linux is unchartered territory for me.
    I have an Asus M6000 Laptop I bought a few years back.
    I have installed Kubuntu 6.10 'Edgy' 1386 Desktop beside windows on the second HD partition.
    I'm not entirely sure whether its feisty fawn or how to tell the difference.
    It is a fresh install and I have not changed any settings except the desktop background.
    Have a few queries:

(1) how do I change the proxy settings so I can connect to the Internet.

(2)how to rip CD songs to AAC or MP3 or whichever format, so long as windows (i-tunes or winamp) can play as can amarok.

(3)How do I get the OS to recognize all of my hardware particularly my SD and MMC card reader, USB ports etc.

Any help wold be greatly appreciated and if I can reciprocate in any way I will not hesitate.

Re: 3 questions

Hi,

I don't know if you found what you were looking for but I will try to answer.
    1 - You should go in system settings > Network (or something) and you will find proxy settings
    2 - Install staff as said in wiki in restrictedformats section (or install ubuntu-restricted-extras) and use kaudiocreator to rip your cd to mp3 or whatever you what.
    3 - Usually it's recognized out of the box in konqueror media:/

Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
    X