This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clarification for the stupid

I know this will appear stupid, but does this topic http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3082956.0 show me how to copy to flash drive, updates that I got on one pc, so that i can then paste these files to the same folder name on another pc in order to update the second pc which does not have access to internet ?

Re: clarification for the stupid

You can't just copy and paste to install. You must use dpkg. On the connected computer navigate to the folder /var/cache/apt/archives with Konqueror and select all and copy to your usb stick. Plug your stick into the other box and open in a new window. Select all and right click and choose to install with Kubuntu package manager. Done,

erie
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Thanks erie. At work at the moment but will give it a go when i get home.

Comment

eriefisher's suggestion is almost right. The problem is that you might not have all the packages that you need, because some packages depend on others. The dependencies aren't always obvious and dpkg is too low level to understand dependencies. You need to download a package called apt-zip on the connected computer. Then install that on the unconnected computer. In order to get apt-zip you will have to activate the "universe" repository on the connected computer.

Now you can use apt-zip to make an script of software to download on the connected computer and take to the unconnected computer.

Comment

Working...
        X