This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to connect to my iPod with amarok?

It is said that amarok can access my ipod, however, i plug my ipod and cannot find it in my amarok.

From the amarok documentation, I found that I must mount my ipod to /mnt/ipod so that amarok can recognize it. But when I plug my ipod it will be mount to /media/ipod, I tried to create a symbolic link from /media/ipod to /mnt/ipod but it does not work, the amarok does not recognize my ipod.

So the question is:
    1. will amarok really support ipod at all? how does it work?
    2. if yes, how can I set it up so that when I plug my ipod it will be mount to /mnt/ipod instead of /media/ipod (currently it is automatically mount to /media/ipod, and I don't know how to "mount" drives)
    3. If Kubuntu always mount drives into /media instead of /mnt, should the amarok in Kubuntu repository change /mnt/ipod to /media/ipod instead? Can I change the amarok settings for that?

Re: How to connect to my iPod with amarok?

/media/ipod is all right.
    in Amarok, try going to Settings -> Configure Amarok -> Media Devices -> Add Devices.
    you'll have drop down for the iPod and you can specify a name and a mount point.
    see if that helps.
    cheers
    gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

Re: How to connect to my iPod with amarok?

Feisty automatically detected my ipod, created a link on the desktop. I didn't create a mount point, rather feisty did for me /media/jims ipod (must have read the ipod for this name). In amarok, as said above go to Settings -> Configure Amarok -> Media Devices -> Add Devices, then select from the drop down list, apple Ipod

Then, click the devices tab, select the ipod, and then on the toolbar there should be an Ipod Icon with an arrow beside it, choose this to select the type of Ipod you have.

I hope this helps,
      Jim A.

Comment

Working...
      X