This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xfce messing up my system?

I decided to try and see what xfce would be like. Didn't like it that much, because of fewer modification possibilities. Yet, I tried to remove it and no I've noticed that all Gnome-progs are still present. Is there a possibility to get back to my previous KDE settings without having to remove all my "double" applications (one from KDE, one from Gnome) separately?

Additionally, I appear to have done something with my adept, and it won't open anymore

Re: xfce messing up my system?

Unless they're squeezing out other KDE programs that you'd like to try, why not just leave the Gnome and XFCE programs in place. Try them, you might like some of them better than their KDE equivalents.

As to your Adept problem. The first thing to do is to find out why it isn't starting. Start a Konsole and then give the command "sudo adept". What you're trying to do here is to get an error message when Adept fails to start. Copy it's EXACT wording and then post the error message here.

Comment

Re: xfce messing up my system?

I've decided to upgrade to feisty, so the problem is solved by now. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X