This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless semi-support? 0_o

Well i was using Edgy, not bothering to even attempt to get my usb wifi card sorted. happy with the wired equivalent for the time being. However, I upgraded to Feisty, still using the wired, but i noticed that Kubuntu was picking up my Wireless AP! :O

"Happy days! it works!" i thought, but no, when i try to connect, it gets stuck at "28%, Configuring"

>.< Im presuming that due to the upgrade my usb card is supported now (otherwise how would it pick up my AP??) but im not sure whats going on >.<

Re: Wireless semi-support? 0_o

you got the correct encryption type and key entered?
    Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Comment

Its unsecured.

I tried installing the .inf using ndiswrapper, and it seems to be installed correctly:-

Code:
       lonewolf@lonewolf-kubuntu:~$ sudo ndiswrapper -l
      netrtusb : driver installed
          device (2001:3C00) present (alternate driver: rt2570)
      lonewolf@lonewolf-kubuntu:~$

however the problem still occurs. I can see the Wireless access point, and it even has a signal strength, but it freezes at 28%, configuring device.

Comment

if it helps at all, the card spec/info is:

Code:
        model-no : DWL-G122
        H/W version : B1

EDIT-
        Code:
        lonewolf@lonewolf-kubuntu:~$ lsusb
        Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
        Bus 005 Device 002: ID 2001:3c00 D-Link Corp. [hex] DWL-G122 802.11g rev. B1 [ra                            link]
        Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
        Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
        Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
        Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
        lonewolf@lonewolf-kubuntu:~$
        its recognised properly then 0_o

EDIT2-

this website may help. not clever enough to know exactly what to do

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...ver/prism2_usb

as it says i think im going to isntall the linux-wlan-ng packgae to see what happens.

Comment

nobody?

Comment

Are you using Knetworkmanager to connect? Or that other one that comes in Edgy. I cant remember its name, but it only offered WEP and I was using WPA that may be an issue with you as well. Other than that. I'm lost.

Comment

im using knetwork manager.

Comment

My last piece of information before I step out, as I have no other advice...

When MY wireless locks up at 28% it is because of the network, not the NIC, OS or its driver etc. It is because something is wrong with my router. And/Or the connection type/encryption. Like, the other day, the wife changed the encryption key, and knetworkmanager locked up at right at 28%. So double check all that stuff. And then ask for help from someone more knowledgeable in the field.

ADD: I did notice, in the link you provided, that DWL-G122 is not listed as a supported driver. Only the DWL-122. Not sure, but often a single letter difference means a completely different model and is not the same thing. Also it says that in section 2.3 that WPA is not supported as an encryption type. So if your router is set to WPA, you wont be able to connect. Do a google search for "DWL-G122 and ubuntu driver" and see what you come up with.

Comment

Working...
                X