X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common user groups ?

Hello everyone.

I have a question and I can't find anything in the docs about it. Is there any definite list of user groups present in the default (k)ubuntu install and the purpose of each ? I'm trying to create second user with fine-grained access, but I can't figure which secondary groups to use - there is not a single word anywhere about their purposes... I have no idea that powerdev group means, for example. Is this power management ? Is this related to additional features available to developers ? Which ones ? et cetera et cetera. What is the difference between admin and adm groups ? Which group I should belong to in order to be able to mount flash disks ? On the other hard, I don't that that user to be able to mount extra NTFS partitions on the hard drive for write access or somehow edit boot sector.

I expected to find this in the documentation where the process of creating new users is explained, but for some reason this information is omitted...

A lot of thanks in advance.

Re: Common user groups ?

Go to K > "System Settings" > "User Management" > Users > Check "Show System Accounts".

Comment

Working...
    X